|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Microsoft Hires a Former CBS Executive to Help with Original Programming on Xbox
Tags: CBS, Microsoft, Xbox (all tags)
The company is clearly getting serious about what it can bring to console owners.
Original streaming programming is relatively new territory, but with Netflix and Hulu making big announcements about future content, others are eager to jump aboard the bandwagon. Microsoft is no exception, and the company has hired former CBS exec Nancy Tellem – no relation to Soulja Boy Tell Em.
“We're going to reach out to a very broad range of consumers,” says Tellem. “When I first got to CBS we looked at what the core audience was and built from there, and that's just what I'm going to do again.”
Tellem’s role in the company is about more than just bringing traditional video content into the mix. She’s also in charge of interactive video programming. Microsoft hasn’t detailed just what that means as of yet.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...