|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Boston Acoustics is Returning Focus to Component Speakers
Tags: Boston Acoustics, Soundbars (all tags)
The company’s active soundbars have been selling well, but in the process Boston Acoustics lost a chunk of their primary market.
When Boston Acoustics embraced the soundbar market, they did so wholeheartedly. The company put a large amount of resources into soundbars and it paid off big, earning them a big share of the market. Soundbars account for around half of the brand’s products worldwide and 75 percent in the US.
The company is, of course, thrilled with the sales, but they say that their component speaker sales have been suffering because of the soundbar focus. The new M series is the first to be pushed and Boston Acoustics will be touring dealers with sister brands Denon and Marantz to show it off.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...