|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
HD DVD Group Responds to Netflix, Best Buy News
Tags: Best Buy, Netflix (all tags)
The HD DVD Promotions Group has issued a statement following a pair of news stories Monday that saw two leading brands in the home entertainment industry endorsing Blu-ray.
The statement (which was first published by CNET late Monday) calls Netflix's decision to exclusively back Blu-ray "unfortunate," while emphasizing that although Best Buy will recommend Blu-ray, the retailer will continue to stock HD DVD.
The complete text of the HD DVD Group's statement follows below:
"We have long held the belief that HD DVD is the best format for consumers based on quality and value, and with more than 1 million HD DVD players on the market, it's unfortunate to see Netflix make the decision to only stock Blu-ray titles going forward. While the Best Buy announcement says they will recommend Blu-ray, at least they will continue to carry HD DVD and offer consumers a choice at retail."
- Related links:
- Best Buy kicks HD DVD while it's down [CNET]
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Best Buy to Recommend Blu-ray over HD DVD (Feb 11, 2008)
- Netflix Goes Blu-ray Exclusive (Feb 11, 2008)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...