|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Best Buy's New Insignia TV Boasts Built-In TiVo
Tags: Best Buy, Insignia, TiVo (all tags)
There's no DVR functionality, but the set does boast Wi-Fi connectivity.
There's been a trend in electronics for a long time - Japan gets cool stuff first. In the case of the TV with a built in DVR, the US still hasn't gotten any, but the newest set from Insignia takes us a step closer.
The latest set from Best Buy's house brand Insignia packs the TiVo user interface along with all the streaming services that go along with it, like CinemaNow and Netflix. Dubbed the cTV, it will be available in 32 and 42 inch sizes, both of which offer Wi-Fi connectivity.
Best Buy's new TV doesn't include DVR functionality, which would make this product launch far more interesting. Details are still fuzzy on multi-room access and whether or not DVR capabilities can be unlocked with the addition of an external hard drive. We're guessing no to both.
The TVs are set to launch on July 31st. Pricing is unavailable at this time.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'The Die Hard 25th Anniversary Collection' Blu-ray $24.99 at Amazon
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- More High-Def Disc News...