|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'The Blue Planet: Seas of Life' Announced for Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, BBC (all tags)
The 2002 documentary series narrated by Sir David Attenborough is bound for Blu-ray in April.
In an early announcement to retailers, BBC says 'The Blue Planet: Seas of Life' will be available on Blu-ray on April 9.
'The Blue Planet: Seas of Life' is the definitive natural history of the world's oceans, exploring everything from the popular shores and teeming shallows to the mysterious ocean depths. Sea birds and crustaceans inhabit the no-man's-land between earth and sea; sharks bask in the shallows, waiting for prey; strange, flower-like anemones bloom in the coral reefs; while in the deep canyons of the oceans, weird creatures with huge jaws wait for something to sink down from the sunlit world. It's a journey that gets stranger and more awe-inspiring as it goes along.
Specs have yet to be revealed, but supplements will include: Interviews, Ten 10-minute "Making Of" Mini-Episodes, and Deep Trouble: For years, man has used the oceans as a source of life, food and riches. Now the oceans have been put under such intolerable strain that we may be about to lose this valuable asset. Deep Trouble looks at the impact man has had on the ecology of the oceans.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is still undetermined at this time.
You can find the latest specs for 'The Blue Planet: Seas of Life' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under April 9.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The Blue Planet: Seas of Life (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- DirecTV Considers Online Video Service
- The Wii U's Biggest Title to Date Combines Cats with Mario
- 'Romeo and Juliet' Announced for Blu-ray
- Telltale Games Working on Both 'Tales from the Borderlands' and 'Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series'
- 'Tales of Zestiria' Announced for Worldwide Distribution for the PS3
- More High-Def Disc News...