|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
U.S. Based Acorn Media Now Owns Majority Share in Agatha Christie Estate
Tags: Acorn Media (all tags)
The independent media company now controls all of Christie's works, characters, and films - the whole shebang.
For the first time ever, an American company has controlling interest in the Agatha Christie estate. Acorn Media, a distributor of British television, has just made a deal with the Christie estate that give it a 64% stake in the works of the best-selling novelist.
This gives the company rights to not only the 80 novels, 19 plays, and 40 films that Christie is one way or another responsible for, but it allows the company control over the characters as well. This is an incredibly significant deal, especially considering the fact that Christie's books have sold over two billion copies.
"This is a momentous occasion for Acorn Media and a gratifying one for me personally," says Acorn Chairman Peter Edwards. "While we are keenly aware of the financial and strategic worth of this transaction for Acorn Media, we are also grateful to partner with the Agatha Christie family in the promoting and protecting of their family legacy."
Source: Acorn Media
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...