|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Happy Feet' to Dance on Blu-ray, HD DVD This March
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner (all tags)
The first major non-scheduled title announcement from CES to get a street date, Warner Home Video will bring those cute dancing penguins of 'Happy Feet' to Blu-ray and HD DVD on March 27.
The $175 million-grossing blockbuster will see identical specs on both formats. Each features a 1080p/VC-1-encoded 2.40:1 widescreen transfer, and in a somewhat unusual configuration for Warner, Dolby Digital Surround EX tracks in English, French and Spanish. (According to the latest specs on the Warner retail/press website, there is no Dolby Digital-Plus nor Dolby TrueHD track on the HD DVD version.)
Extras have not yet been announced, though current specs from the studio indicate a HD-30 dual-layer and BD-25 single-layer configurations for HD DVD and Blu-ray, respectively, so it's still anyone's guest how feature-packed the releases will be. The HD DVD version will also be a DVD combo disc, featuring a standard-def version of the film on the flipside.
Retail will be $34.95 for the Blu-ray, and $39.95 for the HD DVD/DVD combo.
We also set up dedicated threads for these latest Paramount titles in our new Forums area -- click the following links to discuss the 'Happy Feet' Blu-ray release and the 'Happy Feet' HD DVD releases.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: Parental Guidance Suggested
- Details Spread for 'Dead Rising 3' DLC Episode 'Operation Broken Eagle'
- LG's Gesture and Speech Recognition Technology Receives UL Certification
- Turn 10 Plans to Overall Both Credit Payouts and Car Prices in 'Forza 5'
- 'Sabrina (1954)' Announced for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...