|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
LG Announces Entry Level 3-D Sets
Tags: 3D, LG, Industry Trends, High-Def Retailing (all tags)
The LX6500 series made its Korean debut today, with a US release expected soon.
LG's LX6500 line products are designed to act as entry level 3-D sets. They're for those customers not looking for the best of the best, but something that just plain works.
Pricing is pretty reasonable as far as 3-D televisions go. The 42 inch model costs the equivalent of $2,400 while the 55 inch set runs around $4,400.
The LX6500 has a nice slim 22mm bezel and a few internet based features, which will likely change a bit when it comes stateside. It's LED backlit, sports 240Hz tech and its energy efficient. It's not the fanciest set by any means, just a nice, solid 3-D television.
A set of 3-D glasses come with it, but extras will be available at around $110 each, or, as the Google Translated Korean press release puts it, "Built-in 3D glasses, a dog is to purchase additional quantities will be sold at 120,000 won."
Source: LG (Translated)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...