|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Warner: HD DVD Plans Unchanged
Tags: Warner (all tags)
You may have a hard time finding an HD DVD player to play them on, but Warner says it will continue to issue HD DVD discs through the end of May.
Though the studio declined comment on Toshiba's announcement that it would abandon the HD DVD format, a Warner rep tells us that the studio intends to continue releasing titles on both Blu-ray and HD DVD through the end of May.
The studio even went so far as to announce a new dual-format release Tuesday -- the direct-to-video title 'Sublime,' which it said would hit HD DVD on May 13, three weeks after its planned Blu-ray bow on April 22.
At press time, the majority of remaining titles on the HD DVD release schedule were split between Warner and Paramount/DreamWorks. Notably, Universal (which announced its own intention to back Blu-ray Tuesday morning) has only one announced forthcoming HD DVD release -- 'Fletch,' which as of this writing is still scheduled to hit stores March 13.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Sublime (HD DVD)
- Sublime (Blu-ray)
- Fletch (HD DVD)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Toshiba Officially Drops HD DVD
- Release Dates for HD DVD Discs
- Universal Studios Goes Blu
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of May 19th, 2013
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Up for Pre-Order!
- 'The Earrings of Madame de...' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'The Beatles - Help!' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'The Office: Season Nine' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...