All right, then. You guys are more interested in zombies than in gangsters. Our ‘Walking Dead: Season Three’ contest had better turnout than the previous week’s ‘Boardwalk Empire’ contest. Consider that noted for the future. In the meantime, let’s give away that box set we promised.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Kirby A: I’m a little tea pot short and stout!
- Csm101: Hello my baby. Hello my darlin. Hello my ragtime gal!
- Scott: I’m too sexy for my pants.
- David S: “ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!”
- T. Zinko: C’Mon Simon, I was great!!
- Marvin J: Kneel before Merle!!!
- Barsoom Bob: What’s the matter, you never saw Jazz Hand before?
- Christian R: Come at me bro!!!!!!
- dachst: When you’re a Jet you’re a Jet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dying day
- Doug A: C’mon guys! That’s the worst twerking I’ve ever seen!
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun! (ah-ah-ah)
You’re a Master of Karate
- Jacob: I once killed a zombie THIS BIG
- Earl F: “I’m outnumbered could someone please give me a hand.”
- Jeremy R: “Affleck? AFFLECK?! I should be the goddamn Batman!”
- Timcharger: No more! I’ve had it! Why am I always the thimble when we play Monopoly?
- Javier: Grab a bucket of latex, paint some shorts on me and being me the corpse of the one they call Thicke.
- Athena V: Hey, hey, hey! Break it up! Break it up! I think we can ALL agree that Ben Affleck playing Batman is questionable at best but there’s no need to come to blows about it! Besides, can you blame the producers? Christian Bale was great and all but we all know what HE’S like to work with, now don’t we?
- Jonathan D: Whose stump do I have to polish to get some FIJI WATER in here?!?
- Jacob: How many times do I have to show you this?! OK, hand, hand, head, head, up, out a beret, out a beret, big turn here, grand dechant, desont, desont, slide back, step, step, step, and jazz hands!
- phill: Can you dig it?!
Obviously, the way this photo is framed and staged proved fertile ground for references to song and dance movies (and TV). I especially like Zuria’s quoting of one of the more hilarious ‘It’s Always Sunny’ running gags. However, of all of them, I think Isaac here really nailed it with this deliciously awful pun:
Stump the Yard
Oh yeah, that’s a groaner. Once I read that, I couldn’t see anything else in the photo.
Congratulations to Isaac for winning ‘The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.
Be sure to enter our ‘The Office: Season Nine’ contest before the deadline on Friday. Seriously, guys, I’m not asking anything too difficult in that contest. Why have so few people entered?