It seems that one or two of our readers were interesting in winning a free copy of a tiny little art film called ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ that we put up for a giveaway last week. Who gets it? Let’s find out.
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Juan: …and then the bird has sex with the bee. That’s how you were born.
- Ryan C: This “Thing” would impersonate your friends, even your animal friends!
- cardpetree: And that, son, is how I escaped from New York.
- Barsoom Bob: Listen Kid, it was just a movie. You got to kiss J-Law, great, now go back to your wife and kids, I’ll take care of the Galaxy.
- Mike D: “So he has me, dead to rights, and then I hear from behind a tree ‘I’m your huckleberry’…”
- Qba: Does being a god let me have Spotify Premium?
- Andrew W: “So, there I am, elbow deep in your mother…”
- Phillip S: It’s really hard to take you serious with the whole Lord of the Rings meets Han Solo getup, but I dig the beard.
- Dan: “Do you like gladiator movies, son? “
- Barry D: I tell ya, if this grub doesn’t settle in right, there really will be big trouble in Little China, if ya know what I mean.
- Tim F: “Starlord is but a pawn in great game of life…”
- Jim: “…and that’s how I managed to live off Walt Disney for all these years. Heck, I’m still milking it now! Questions?”
- Timcharger: Ego: “Yes, I’m a living planet. And now I need to move closer to the campfire for some global warming.”
- Ray L: Let me get this straight. You can be with a woman for many years and never be married to her? You could’ve let me know that, Kurt!!!
- Doug W: Star Lord: “Well, whatta we do?”
Ego: “Why don’t we just…..wait here for a little while,…….see what happens?”
Ego passes stew to Star Lord without having taken a bite himself, Star Lord takes a big swallow, and Ego snickers…..dum dum, dum dum, dum dum….
- Elizabeth: Son, it’s true. You got your name because I wanted to walk up to women and say, “Have you seen my Peter?”
- William A: “A tape player? For cassettes? No I don’t have one.”
- Csm101: “Oh yeah, me and Hasselhoff rode your mom like she was KITT.”
- Leon D: Does your shirt say “Yeah, Baby?”
- Robert M: “Yeah, I did your mom. I’ve done everyone’s mom at least once, son. I’m Kurt Russell.”
All of these and more were great, but KiKS here made an earworm that I can’t stop hearing in my head. To me, that’s a winner.
“Look Peter, we didn’t start this fire…”
“… it was always burning since the world’s been turning… Peter Quill, Gamora, Baby Groot, Nebula, Rocket Raccoon, I am Groot, Drax the Destroyer!”
Congratulations to KiKS for winning ‘Guardians of the Galaxy‘ on Ultra HD Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest.