Due to the Independence Day holiday, and (more importantly) due to my desire to take an extra-long weekend, the blog will be closed on Thursday and Friday this week. That means no Roundtable on Friday. We’ll try to return to a normal schedule next week. In the meantime, let’s give away that copy of ‘The Incredible Burt Wonderstone’ we promised last week.
Turnout for this contest wasn’t huge. I fully acknowledge that the prize may not have been the most desirable we’ve given away recently. What’re you gonna do? It was a slow week for new Blu-ray releases.
Regardless, some of you rose to the challenge, and one of you will take home a free movie. Hey, free is always good, right?
So, as we explained in the original post, your challenge was to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Jim: I am WOMAN, hear me roar!
- Lord Bowler: “Allllllrighty then!”
- David S: “Aaaahhhh! How did the T-1000 do this?!”
- Tyler: AHHHH! I still can’t figure out what the hell was going on in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- Jim B: That moment when Jim Carrey realized being showered with praise means something completely different in Japan.
- Ralph: “How the HELL did I lose Jenny McCarthy?!? Actually, how the hell did I even GET Jenny McCarthy?!?”
- Eddie G: 34 RESPONSES!!!!? We can’t even give this damn movie away…!
- Bryan: “Oh No!! I just won the High-Def Digest contest for ‘The Incredible Burt Wonderstone’ – that means I’ll actually have to watch it now!”
- Dustin: Jeff Daniels gets The Newsroom, my career has come to this?!
- Zuria: Yes, Jim, you CAN go to hell for starring in shitty movies.
I considered giving Bryan the prize as some sort of karmic revenge, but ultimately, given Jim Carrey’s crybaby antics recently, this entry from Mike A. made me laugh the most:
“Kick-Ass 2 is too violeeeeeeeeeent!!”
Congratulations to Mike for winning ‘The Incredible Burt Wonderstone‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest. We’ll try to scrounge up something to give away next week, but honestly, the new release slate still looks pretty grim. Feel free to leave suggestions in the Comments below.
Have a great Fourth of July! If you play with firecrackers, keep your fingers safe!