When we gave you a chance to win the limited Blu-ray SteelBook edition of Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ last week, our readers really swarmed all over that opportunity. Who will take home the prize? Let’s find out!
As explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- NJScorpio: “…so I auditioned for that new Spider-Man reboot, and they said, ‘You just aren’t what we are looking for.’ So I contacted my agent AND my lawyer. They have CGI, they have prosthetics. I can play a spider…I can play insect OR arachnid. I went to Julliard, you know. I’m sick of this ant discrimination. Anyway, I’m better off not having been in that stinker…”
- Robert: That’ll do, ant. That’ll do.
- Luis: “Oh, you’re the rocketeer…no, wait, you’re a cylon….no? Help me out here!”
- Csm101: “Listen, I’m just as upset about Edgar walking as you , but I need you to get back to set. If you leave now, you’ll never work in this business again.”
- Jason: I will hug you and squeeze you and call you George!
- Deaditelord: “Look, I’d like to keep you, but we both know once I become big you’ll just bite me or sting me and then I’ll have to crush you with my shoe in retaliation. Then I’ll feel all bad about it and eat like… I don’t know… two whole containers of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and at that point really nobody wins except Ben & Jerry and that’s just not right.”
- Robert B: Wow, UHD really brings out the smallest details.
- William H: It looks like they shrunk our special effects budget as well.
- Warner: “Did you consider being called termite man?”
- Cameron: If you wanna attract the queen I got the perfect thing…. Sex Panther… 60% of the time it works… every time!
- Chris M: No seriously baby. I’m an ant I swear. I ‘m just from a different hive that’s all.
- Todd A: “Just because it’s ‘Ant-man’ doesn’t mean they have to cast an ant actor. It’s not like I’m trying to portray an Egyptian.”
- Justin: The creatures outside looked from ant to man, and from man to ant, and from ant to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
- Mr.Noodle’s brother: “You need me back on set? I’ve still got 10 more minutes on my union-mandated break.”
- David S: “I loved your work in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.”
- Timcharger: “Hey Rudd, help a brother out. I heard that Evangeline Lilly is into dwarfs. You think she’ll go ant? Get me her number.”
- Ken O: Yeah, my Aunt was in “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” so acting is in our blood.
- Bernie W: I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque.
- Kashtarreaper: Great. Even that ant wants to be an Avenger.
- EM: Unsure the star character had sufficient legs, the studio first sent out some feelers.
- Paul D: “Look, little buddy, it’s just a song. I know you could totally move a rubber tree plant if you wanted to. Totally.”
- Jose D: “What do you mean I’m not eligible for best supporting actor?”
- Tom P: I thought Antz was terrible too.
- Gregg C: Sorry sir, you don’t meet the minimum height requirement to enjoy this attraction.
- miguelnh: The colony has asked me to inform you that your use of the label “Ant-Man” is extremely offensive to us and we will see you in court to settle the matter.
As you can see, the competition was really strong for this contest. Ultimately, Elizabeth takes the prize for this hilarious entry.
Man, how drunk was I last night? You looked totally different with three drops of tequila in me.
Congratulations to Elizabeth for winning ‘Ant-Man‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest. Don’t forget to get your entries in for our ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ contest before Thursday’s deadline.